The eleventh grade AVID Elective course is a course that focuses on writing and critical thinking expected of first- and second-year college students. In addition to the academic focus of the AVID seminar, there are college-bound activities, methodologies and tasks that should be undertaken during the junior year to support students as they apply to four-year universities and confirm their postsecondary plans.
- Cosmos is a California State Summer School for Math and Science. If you are interested make sure you have signed up to attend the presentation.
- Quest Bridge is another program that is designed to link high achieving students with outstanding top colleges. If you are interested make sure you check out the website and the get signed up.
- Nordstrom scholarship for juniors is now open. It's worth 10,000 over the course of 4 years.
- Hispanic Heritage Foundation has the Hispanic Heritage Youth Scholarship available now!
- Here are some more resources for you to use as you are writing your personal statements, what's good and what's not, and common mistakes.
- Use www.californiacolleges.edu/#/ to find schools that match what you are looking for.
- If you are interested in a career in the US Air Force you want to check out the application and information on the US Air Force Academy.